Dr Gram Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 1L
Virgin coconut oil contains a lot of MCTs which are metabolized differently and can have therapeutic effects on several brain disorders.
- MCTs in virgin coconut oil have been shown to increase metabolism, leading to potential weight loss over the long term.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil can kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi, thus helping to prevent infections and increase immunity.
- The MCTs in coconut oil can increase blood concentration of ketone bodies, which can help reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.
- Studies have shown that virgin coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels (like total HDL and LDL ), which may lower your risk of heart disease.
- Coconut oil can function as a suncreen, protect hair against damage and improve skin moisture. It can also be used as a mouth wash in a process known as oil pulling, which reduces harmful bacteria in the mouth and reduces bad breath.
- Oil pulling is effective for treatment of throat infections and cough. The fatty acids in coconut oil can boost brain function in Alzheimer’s patients. The MCTs which are metabolized into ketone bodies in the liver can supply an alternative energy source for malfunctioning brain cells which are no longer able to utilize glucose for energy.
2 tablespoons daily for adults and 2 teaspoons for children.
- Add to salad as a dressing, to creamy soups or hot beverages
- Can be applied externally onto skin or hair as moisturizer and conditioner
- Use as mouth wash for dental health
- Use as a cooking oil
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines
CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY: CERES
Serving Size 1 tablespoon (15ml), Total Fats 93.3g, Saturated Fats 88.7g, Monosaturated Fats 4g, Polysaturated Fats 0.6g