1 x 500g Nature's Farm Manuka Honey UMF 10+
Pure Manuka Honey imported from New Zealand
Specially imported from New Zealand, Nature’s Farm® Manuka Honey is pure Manuka Honey manufactured to the highest quality using environmentally sustainable processes.
Manuka honey is harvested from the New Zealand Manuka bush known as Leptospermum Scoparium. The acronym UMF® is the registered name and trademark of UMFHA, the Unique Manuka Factor Honey Association, and only licensed members of UMFHA are allowed to use the UMF® trademark.
Uniqueness of Nature’s Farm® Manuka Honey
1. All honeys have antibacterial activity, due primarily to hydrogen peroxide formed in a slow-release manner by the glucose enzymes present in honey. However, unlike all other honeys, Manuka Honey has a unique non-peroxide activity (NPA) that is only present in Manuka. This is a naturally occurring chemical process that happens after the bees turn the Manuka nectar into honey.
2. Manuka Honey possesses higher antibacterial activity than ordinary honey. The primary antibacterial factor in most honey is hydrogen peroxide which loses effectiveness when it comes in contact with wound fluids. Manuka honey, on the other hand, contains additional antibacterial factors which exert non-hydrogen peroxide activity to perform higher antibacterial activity.
3. Manuka Honey is not affected by catalase enzyme in body tissue and serum. Catalase enzyme in body and protein digesting enzyme in wound fluids will breakdown the hydrogen peroxide in ordinary honey, thus inhibiting its antibacterial activity. Manuka Honey is not affected by these enzymes.
4. Manuka Honey is stable during storage. The enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide in ordinary honey is sensitive to heat and light and this enzyme is destroyed when exposed to heat and light. Since Manuka Honey with non-hydrogen peroxide activity is stable, there is no concern about Manuka Honey losing its activity during storage.
5. Manuka honey has been reported to have an inhibitory effect on around 60 species of bacteria, including aerobes and anaerobes, gram-positives and gram-negatives. There are many reports of honey being very effective as dressing of wounds, burns, skin ulcers and inflammations. The antibacterial properties of honey help to speed up the growth of new tissue to heal the wound (Mandal, M. D., & Mandal, S. Honey: its medicinal property and antibacterial activity, 2011).
• Manuka Honey is used for general health maintenance, a higher rating indicates that it has higher antibacterial strength
Ingredient list: Manuka Honey
Product of New Zealand
Pack size: 500g/1kg per bottle (UMF 5,10,15+)
Take 1 teaspoon 1-3 times daily (Do not feed to infants under 1)